Friday, December 2, 2011

Memory

Sometimes 
you will never know
the true value of 
a moment
until it becomes
A MEMORY.
                                                     {unknown}


I found this quote the other day and thought I would share it. It is such a true statement and definitely holds significance in my life.

The other day I was having a conversation with a friend about my blog. The entry about my dad left a big impact on this person and how important it is to make the best of the relationships we have with others. Sometimes we just need to see past the indifferences we have with the people around us, especially family, because you never know how much longer you will have with them. 
When I reflect back on some of the memories I have with my dad, they are the silliest little moments in time. I feel like I took those times for granted and didn't fully appreciate them. I would have never thought that years later I would be clinging to those simple moments for comfort. That a simple thing like how my dad would fall asleep in church (in the middle of singing a hymn) or his disgusting homemade macaroni and cheese would be something I'd treasure in my heart forever. I know now the value of moments in time, because I have experienced those moments fade away into a distance memories. 

With Christmas around the corner, I thought I'd share one of my favorite Christmas memories with my dad. I'm fortunate to have a video of it. It is from 2006 and I am absolutely ridiculous, but it always brings a smile to my face. You can hear him talking in the background. At the time, it was just a silly moment. Now it is a treasured memory.





Live each moment 
like it's going to be a memory
 you'll cherish forever 
because someday...
you probably will. 


1 comment:

  1. I like that quote because it reminds me one thing perhaps both us like to do, that is taking photos. It takes a moment to press the camera shutter, however, camera transforms each moment into even touchable everlasting photo. One thing I like about photo is that photos enable us to recall a a whole memory lane from just a split second of moment. Not until we replay or review those photos in camera or album, we hardly recognize the difference between now and then. Photos allow me to see the changes I had since then, and the potential to be better me. One thing I think is relevant to comment is that sometimes we do stuck in memory lane, but if we can re-feel about each moment we had before, we will be forever young.

    ReplyDelete